These cheesy pastry twists are a great picnic or road trip snack, they’re delicious as well as being quick and easy to make.
– 1 free-range eggs, beaten
– Fresh chives, chopped (about a tablespoon)
– Onion powder (about a teaspoon)
– ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
– ¾- 1 cup of grated tasty cheese
– 3 sheets puff pastry
– salt and pepper
1. Separate puff pastry to defrost it. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line 3 trays with baking paper.
2. Beat egg with salt and pepper.
3. Brush a sheet of pastry with egg.
4. Cover ½ the sheet of pastry with a sprinkle of each cheese, a sprinkle of the onion powder, and a sprinkle of the chopped chives.
5. Fold the sheet of pastry in half.
6. Slice the folded pastry into strips about 2 inches thick, making 6 or 7 strips,
7. Twist each strip, and place on a tray.
8. Brush the twists with extra egg.
9. Repeat with the remaining sheets of pastry.