I think I’ve found a new obsession in making new versions of my favourite muesli bars! These once are based on everyone’s favourite spread, yep, Nutella! So give them a try yourself. They’re delicious I promise.
Serves: 24 bars.
-1/3 cup of Nutella (or other cocoa-hazelnut spread)
-1/4 cup of almond butter
-1/4 cup + 1tbsp of rice malt syrup
-1/4 cup of honey
-1/2 cup of coconut oil
-1/3 cup of brown sugar
-1/3 cup of raw or (demerara sugar)
-1/4 tsp of cinnamon
-pinch of sea salt
-1 tsp of vanilla
-2 tsp of cacao powder
-1 tsp of maca powder (optional)
-1/3 cup of chopped hazelnuts
-1/3 cup of chopped almonds
-1/3 cup of processed bran
-1/2 cup of dates, chopped well
-1 2/3 cup of oats
-1 cup of puffed wheat (I used Homebrand ‘Honey Poppas’)
-1/2 cup of milk chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Prepare a slice tray by lining with baking paper.
2. Melt Nutella, almond butter, rice malt syrup, honey and coconut oil in a small saucepan over a low heat.
3. Add sugars and stir until mostly dissolved. Take off heat.
4. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (except for chocolate).
5. Add wet ingredients and combine well.
6. Pour muesli into prepared tray. Using an extra piece of baking paper, press down onto muesli firmly, making sure it reaches all the edges.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden.
8. Once out of the oven, melt milk chocolate and drizzle over the muesli
9. Let cool completely, and then chop into bars.