These toffee-like almonds are such a delicious snack for any time of the day. They would also be great chopped up and sprinkled on ice cream!
Serves: 6 snack size
– 2 cups of pre-roasted almonds
– 3 tablespoons of honey
– 3 tablespoons of water
– 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1/4 cup of raw sugar
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
– Pinch of salt
1. If almonds aren’t pre-roasted, place them on a lined baking tray, and bake in oven at 170 degrees for 15 minutes, or until fragrant. Keep oven on.
2. Next, in a small saucepan, place honey, water, and coconut oil. Bring to a gentle boil.
3. Add vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and half the sugar, as well as the almonds. Stir, and continue boiling.
4. When the almonds have absorbed most of the liquid, add the rest of the sugar, and mix in (you don’t want it to all liquify, you want some yummy, crunchy sugar on the almonds).
5. Return the honey almonds to the lined baking tray. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Let the almonds cool completely. The honey glaze should go hard and crunchy like toffee. Once the glaze is hard, break almonds up into as small chunks as you like. Enjoy!